Welcome to The French Bulldog Awareness Group of Western Australia
IF YOU ARE VIEWING THESE PAGES ON 'INTERNET EXPLORER' = YOU MAY NOT BE SEEING THE FULL PAGE, (try Firefox or GoogleChrome).
The French Bulldog Awareness Group of WA is a support group open to all French Bulldog owners, prospective owners and lovers of the breed. Our main aim is to assist French Bulldogs and their owners in Western Australia and to provide information to prospective owners.
Our current membership is not only based in Western Australia, but also Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania & South Australia, along with members in America & England.
To stay in contact we produce "The Frenchie Newsletter", which is distributed quarterly and at last count it enjoyed a circulation of 200. This newsletter keeps our members informed on health topics, up-coming events and general information on French Bulldogs. You don't have to be a French Bulldog owner to be a part of the Group or to receive the newsletter.
Membership is $10.00 per year; to become a member send us an email and an Application Form will be sent out.
About the French Bulldog
The French Bulldog, (or Frenchie as he is known by those close to him), is a handsome little dog, short and stocky with a short coat in colours of Fawn, Pied or Brindle. The males tend to be larger due to being more masculine weighing in at an average12.5kg whereas the females average weight is 11.0kg. The Frenchie has an engaging personality. He possesses an expressive, wrinkled face and his bat ears are what draw most admirers. He is extrememly intelligent and very affectionate, making him an ideal house pet. The Frenchie is a flat faced breed and great care must be given during summer months as they do not have the ability to cool down as quickly as a breed with a longer nose. They do not need vast amounts of space, nor do they require a lot of exercise. However, the French Bulldog requires a great deal of close contact with it's owners, and is very keen to make the most of any lounge available, this is not a breed to be relegated to the backyard.
“CHARTER OF MEMBERSHIP”
1. I/we shall ensure that at all times the dogs under my control are properly housed, fed, watered, regularly wormed and kept in good condition. All dogs shall receive proper veterinary attention if and when required.
2. I/we shall not allow any dogs under my care to roam at large and when in public I will ensure they are under effective control at all times. I will ensure that my dogs are kept in a secure and fully fenced environment.
3. I/we shall not permit any of my pure bred dogs to be mated to a dog of a different breed, to a cross bred dog or to an unregistered dog of the same breed.
4. I/we shall not knowingly sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or brokers directly or indirectly. I shall not allow my dog/s to be given as a prize or donation in a contest of any kind.
5. In the event that I/we can no longer keep my Bulldog for whatever reason, and I am having trouble re-housing my dog/s, I shall notify the Breeder or The French Bulldog Awareness Group of W.A. for assistance in re-homing.