Purchasing a French Bulldog Puppy
Purchasing a puppy is a BIG committment, and in the case of a French Bulldog, a 13 year committment. we recommend not rushing out to buy the first cute puppy you see, but take some time to look at WHERE you are purchasing your puppy. By doing this you potentially save yourself money on vet bills and have a happy, healthy French Bulldog that will lead a long and loving life.
Who to Buy a French Bulldog Puppy From?
We DO NOT support Puppy Farming or Pet Shops.
- Is the Breeder registered with their State canine control organisation? (Such as Dogs West). Registered breeders are bound by a Code of Ethics which outlines the breeding of dogs for the betterment of the breed standard, and not specifically for the pet or commercial market.
- A Registered Breeder Can Not sell puppies prior to 8 weeks of age and usually not before 12 weeks if the puppy is being shipped to Perth from the east coast of Australia.
- Has the Breeder had the puppies vet checked, vaccinated, micro-chipped and wormed prior to sale.
- A Registered Breeder shall ensure that all puppies sold are in the best possible state of health. Where a dog with a health issue or disability is sold, the breeder must obtain from the buyer written and signed acknowledgement of the condition of the dog.
- Does the Breeder offer 'Breeder Back Up' to purchaser such as advice, information and assistance? If the purchaser is no longer able to keep the puppy, where possible, will they take it back or help to rehome? Are you able to contact the breeder by phone?
- The Breeder asks YOU questions on your suitability as a French Bulldog owner. French Bulldogs are not suitable for everyone and every situation. An ethical and reliable Breeder wants to make sure that their puppies are going to the right environment.
- A Registered Breeder is not permitted to sell puppies to / or through a Pet Shop.
- The Registered Breeder selects breeding stock based on improving the health of the breed, NOT just because the mating will produce certain colours. Please be aware that if you intend to show or breed from your French Bulldog the only colours permitted in Australia are FAWN, BRINDLE OR PIED. Whilst Frenchies of other colours make perfectly healthy pets they CANNOT be shown or bred from in Australia.
For more details follow the link below -